Sunday School Director
Status: Part Time – 5 Hours a week - $15.00 per hour Reports to: Pastor (Head of Staff); Office Administrator
The Sunday school director will serve the Christian Discipleship ministry with comprehensive oversight of programs and volunteers dedicated to the ongoing Christian formation of children, youth, their parents, and other adults within the congregation; contributing to the overall mission of First Presbyterian Church, Sioux City.
- Identify and coordinate curriculum choices for Sunday school, Wednesday Family Night, Vacation Bible School and Confirmation in conversation with the Christian Discipleship Committee.
- Recruit and train teachers/volunteers for Sunday school, Wednesday, VBS and youth activities.
- Develop and lead training for the participation of children and younger youth in worship as acolytes and bible carriers.
- Assist Children’s Choir Director on Wednesday evening.
- Supervise and oversee crèche workers and manage their schedules.
Experience teaching and/or leading Christian Education/Discipleship programs.
Able to move freely in and out of different congregational settings (homes, church, businesses).
Able to speak in a public setting
Sunday morning 9:00 – 11:30 – Ensure Sunday School goes smoothly, be available to all the teachers, assist the Children’s Choir Director and supervise the crèche.
Monday – attend the all staff meeting on the 4th Monday of every month.
Wednesday 6:00 – 7:00 – Supervise crèche, provide programs for young disciples
Sunday – attend Christian Discipleship Committee meeting at 11:30 on the 4th Sunday of every month.
Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor in consultation with the Committee on Christian Discipleship. The Session Personnel Committee will annually review the performance review and make recommendations regarding the adequacy of compensation.